Friday 9 September 2011

BASIC STUDY TIPS2

In this section, I want to talk about something you and I, possibly, have neglected when it gets to studying effectively. In as much as there are many factors that influence our study techniques, your posture when you get down to business can make or mar your assimilation.

Without wasting much time, the posture, ergonomically friendly and globally accepted is the set up where you have a desk well above your waist level and a comfortable seat with upright back rest. You can also have a bright reading lamp in case the room is not bright enough (See the previous post for prerequisite steps to study). Sitting uprightly keeps you on your toes.

The reason why some people do not succeed is because they are too lazy to sit up when reading. They lie on a soft bed or sofa while reading and before five minutes is exhausted, they dose off. Such sleep usually lasts for about 45 mins to 2 hrs. I, personally discovered that I usually feel sleepy when reading on my back and in most cases, I fall asleep with the book covering my face or on my chest.

If you have been doing this, try something different. Be determined and disciplined to sit upright when studying. One thing is for sure. You'll find yourself studying longer hours than you can. But note, take intermittent breaks when studying to refresh your mind. At the same time, use such short break wisely. You can just scribble or lean back to remember what you just took in. Goodluck

No comments:

Post a Comment